GOD HATH NOT GIVEN US THE SPIRIT OF FEAR; BUT OF POWER, AND LOVE, AND OF A SOUND MIND - 2 Tim 1:7

Monday, July 30, 2012

One Year, Six Months... - Week 77

Sew this up with threads of reason and regret
So I will not forget. I will not forget
How this felt one year six months ago
I know I cannot forget. I cannot forget
- Yellowcard

Looking back on 18 months worth of a mission... I got a letter this past week from a good friend and example to me by their decision to serve a mission... Rachel finished her mission nearly a year ago but in her letter mentioned that the blog was awesome, but she wished that it had something to show from the first four months of my mission as I didn't make the blog until May ish... that left Feb-April off and kind of blank... So This week, I wanted to take the time to post some of the MTC photos that you may never have seen... This is where I was, One Year, Six Months ago...
This week on August 2nd marks my 'Chick Mark' or 18 months on mission, and that of course means, not much is left and now is the time to make it all count and use everything I've learned thus far and go out fighting... Thank you to everyone that has sent boxes, letters, etc etc thus far, I greatly appreciate the love and support... I am aware of a few boxes that are in the mail on their way here right now, but I think outside that, this is where we can cut the line at sending boxes... I don't really need anything else, I've been here long enough to know how to get by etc and I'm still trying to use up everything I was already sent... So if you were one of the people that just recently sent something, I thank you so much and will thank you again when your boxes get here, if you haven't sent anything but were thinking too... You can either give my mom some money to put on my personal account or, maybe just hang out a few months and then we can eat some good amazing american candy together and I can tell you about my adventures... I think thats the best option at this point as time is running out... but if you are completely insistent on sending something. I want a box of Vanilla Zingers, and a Dr Pepper more than anything else...
No More, No Less...
Feel Free to keep the letters coming through November ish, but lets say STOP to the boxes. Love you all, thank you for your love and support, Enjoy the MTC Pictures, I'll see you in January 2013!
-Elder Scotty George


There was a lot of drama for our group just outside that staircase...
Here with one of the few natives we met in the mtc that would tease us and teach us at the same time
The group. From left to right, Elder(s) Lefrandt, Collins, Smith, George (Me),
Taylor, Southwick, Prochnow, McLaughlin
Many hours of practice... 

Exhaustion, mentally... 

Day 1. Me and Elder Smith



Adjusting to the caffeine free side of things... Not too happy.

Nerds for life.

The study desk hasn't changed much. 

Elder George! What are you doing!

More mental exhaustion... 

And waking up from another day of it. 


There was a lot of drama for our group just outside that staircase... 

I didn't let the missionary tag keep me from spreading my work...
this was in the temple parking lot...

Muscle cars still existed back there in the bubble... 


Long days, we had to find something to keep our minds from going insane... 

I swear I know you from somewhere else... 

The fat framed thick lense glasses club of our group. 


How it really is. 

Rocking the secret microphone packs for the first night intro presentation. 


At the airport. Freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment